Monday, April 2, 2018

Weekly Training Recap Mar 26 to Apr 1

Monday, March 26
Workout: March in Place, 0¢
Steps: 10051, 25¢
We started a fitbit Workweek Hustle competition at work and I realized that I was already 7,000 steps behind the leader by the time I got home from work, so I marched in place while Hubby read to me and I managed to get to 10,000 steps before heading to bed for the evening. It wasn't a true workout, but I was moving nonetheless.

Tuesday, March 27
Workout: None, 0¢
Steps: 4621, 0¢
I took Tuesday as my lazy day for the week since it was the beginning of my Spring Break and we had friends come over to play Gloomhaven with us in the evening. It was a great time and it was nice to have the night off.

Wednesday, March 28
Workout: March in Place & Yoga Class, 25¢
Steps: 10456, 25¢
Wednesday was the last night that my yoga instructor was teaching at my gym, so I had mixed emotions all day and felt really conflicted emotionally during the time I was actually practicing. I'm really glad I got to go and say goodbye to her (for the time being) and thank her for all that she helped me accomplish and I am very excited to say that she will be subbing at my gym on April 7, so when I said goodbye it wasn't for forever.

Thursday, March 29
Workout: 1.41 Walk and Marching in Place,
Steps: 11124, 25¢
I was still in a desperate catch up mode for my Workweek Hustle and marched in place for a really long time on Thursday to try and make up the 7,000+ steps between me and my boss who was leading the competition. I really didn't make much of a dent, but I did get over 10,000 steps which got my a quarter toward Dopey and helped me stay active while I was at home from work for the week.

Friday, March 30
Workout: 6.65 Mile Walk, 33¢
Steps: 17665, 25¢
If the above entries for the week weren't an indicator, I can be a pretty competitive person when I set my mind to it. Being so behind in my fitbit competition really lit a fire in me, so I ended up going to the gym half an hour earlier than when I was supposed to meet Monica and walked on the treadmill to try and get myself out of last place for the week. And Friday was the last day to get steps in, so I tried to do everything that I could to eek my way past my coworkers. I ended up in 3rd out of 4th place, but I only missed 2nd by 561 steps which felt really good. If I had known that I was that close to moving up a spot, I would have marched my little ass off to beat Monica, but she didn't sync before I went to bed and I had no idea that I was so close to her. Oh well! There's always next week when we do it all over again. And one of these weeks we're going to beat the boss. Every time we play with him, he wins and we're getting pretty tired of always coming in 2nd and 3rd. I really want to win it all next week, so Monday through Friday of next week I'll be putting the pedal to the metal in terms of steps.

Saturday, March 31
Workout: Morning Yoga, 3.7 Mile Treadmill Walk & 1.5 Mile Treadmill Run, 59¢
Steps: 15868, 25¢
Since my yoga teacher no longer teaches on Saturday mornings, I have been finding it almost impossible to go to the Saturday morning class at the gym each week because the teacher that took over doesn't teach in a style that really meshes with me. I had gotten up at 6:45 to get to the gym at 8:30, though, so I had over an hour to kill before I needed to leave the house and meet Monica. I ended up doing an incredible back and legs yoga session via Down Dog and then I went to the gym and did an hour long walk at a 2.5% incline and then somewhere toward the end I got (kind of) motivated and decided to run another 1.5 miles before I left for the day (12:20 pace). I felt pretty tired and a little sore as I was leaving the gym, but it felt great to get another great workout in and I was extremely happy with my step count for the day. I was hoping to get to 20,000, but I was pretty tired after I got home and we had company coming over, so I ended up scrapping the idea, but it felt great to get going and burn all those calories.

Sunday, April 1
Workout: 3.64 Mile Treadmill Walk, Morning Yoga & 1.49 Mile Walk, 51¢
Steps: 21650, 50¢
Big, busy day yesterday. At 8:30, Monica and I went to the gym and walked for 75 minutes before I went to yoga. There was a substitute instructor there (probably because of the holiday) and I wasn't sure if I was feeling her class very much at first, but it ended up being amazing. I left with such a clear mind that I was zen for pretty much the rest of the day. It was phenomenal and it carried on all the way into Easter dinner with my folks. Monica and I were still in a step competition for the weekend and I was behind, so I made sure to help my mom as much around the ranch as I could and then we decided to go for a little walk around the neighborhood so that I could try and get a leg up in the competition. Long story short (and almost an hour of marching at home later in the evening), I ended up beating Monica by about 1300 steps. It felt great and I'm really revved up to beat everyone in this next week's Workweek Hustle--especially my boss!



Total Earned Toward Dopey for the Week: $3.50
Total Saved To Date for Dopey 2023: $80.08 / $3,500

No comments:

Post a Comment