Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Weekly Training Recap Apr 2 to Apr 8

Warning: I need to vent. Being injured is horrible and I hate it with an absolute passion. On March 31, I really hurt my back doing a yoga practice that was full of back and leg openers before I had really warmed up my body for the day. I was pretty much off for nine days as a result and it was excruciating to just stay at home. I ended up coming in last place for my Workweek Hustle competition; I lost my Weekend Warrior competition; and I only ended up moving something like 19 miles total for the entirety of last week. And the worst part is, I'm still injured. My back still hurts to the point where I'm popping ibuprofen and I'm to the point where I don't care any more. If my back is going to hurt, fine, but at this point I'm not hurt enough to still be off from working out. April 9-15 is going to be a different story from this last week. I'm going to be back in action regardless of how my body might be hurting.

Monday, April 2
Workout: Spin Class, 25¢
Class was pretty difficult, so I took it easy and tried to baby my back as much as possible. This was the day that I realized that I needed to take some serious time off from working out to heal up.

Saturday, April 7
Workout: Morning Yoga Class, 25¢
My yoga teacher came back to the gym to sub! It was amazing, but when she came to adjust me during pigeon pose, she could feel my muscles spasming and she actually asked me, "What's your pain level right now." That's not a good question to hear from someone who knows your body that well and it made me realize that my injury isn't one that's just going to fix itself in a week or so. I have a feeling that I'm going to be dealing with this for a while and I might need to see my chiropractor or a massage therapist in order to speed things along. I really just wish my body would cooperate with me, though. I've had three separate injuries this year and I know that I'm not over training, so I don't know what's going on. I'd really like to know, though.



Total Earned Toward Dopey for the Week: $0.50
Total Saved To Date for Dopey 2023: $85.66 / $3,500

No comments:

Post a Comment