Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Back in Action!

Screw being injured! I'm going for it.

If you've seen my training recaps for last week or you've seen me in person, you'll know that last week was hell. I'll be the first to admit that I'm really not a fan of training, but not being able to train because of something out of your control is worse than any workout in the world. Today was my first day back and I'm pretty proud of what I accomplished.

I should preface by saying a few things, though. One: I should probably still be resting from my back injury. Two: I have too much of a competitive streak in me to lose my Workweek Hustle again this week. As of 5:30pm this evening, I'm 11,870 steps behind the leader (Monica) and 8,113 steps behind W.B. For the record, I REALLY want to beat W.B. this week. Like...REALLY...

So that all being said, I had the bright idea to go running on my lunch break this afternoon. It was 92°F outside, so I really shouldn't have been out there, but I managed to get three miles done in just under fifty minutes by alternating between running one lap/walking one lap to stave off heat stroke. It worked and by the time 3:00pm rolled around I had already racked up over 10,000 steps. I was pretty happy with my pace, too--around 16-17 minute miles--but those miles weren't even close to being enough for me to catch up with Monica and W.B.

The thing is, Monica really got into running this year and right now, W.B. is at a conference, so he's running around like crazy. I only just got back on track with my workouts yesterday, so I need to really need to hustle to keep up with them. And that meant going to the gym tonight on top of my track workout today.

I say this proudly with my chest puffed out that I went directly from work to the gym today which is a rarity for me. And then I walked and walked and walked at the gym to narrow the gap between me, W.B. and Monica. An hour on the treadmill added 7,200 steps to my count for the day and put me only 2,000 steps behind W.B. Now I just need to keep up with my workouts for the week and I should stay near the top of the board. I'll be watching the rankings like a hawk for the rest of the week, too, because there's nothing sweeter than a well earned victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment