Monday, March 26, 2018

Weekly Recap Mar 19 to Mar 25

Monday, March 19
Workout: Cycling Class & Evening Yoga Class, 50¢
Steps: 7508, 0¢
This was another standard workout day for the semester. I was extremely sore from hiking Cowles Mountain the day before so my cycling class in particular was pretty difficult, but I managed to push through and had a great workout. My average RPM was a little lower than usual, but I think that was mostly because we did a 13 minute hill climb and I ramped up the tension. (I figured that I was already super sore, so what did another tension level matter at the end of the day, right?) My average watt output was higher than usual despite my soreness, so I it left me in good spirits for yoga later in the evening. Yoga itself was difficult, but rewarding as usual. I really enjoyed class and when I came home I was really nice and relaxed.

Tuesday, March 20
Workout: Walk at Work Track, 5¢
Steps: 7559, 0¢
Monica and I went for a 1.02 mile walk during our lunch break. We didn't go very far or very fast because I was still extremely sore from hiking/running Cowles Mountain on the 18th, but it was great to get out of the office and moving really helped me with the stiffness in my legs.

Wednesday, March 21
Workout: Cycling Class & Evening Yoga, 50¢
Steps: 7380, 0¢
I had a much harder time concentrating in my spin class on Wednesday than I did on Monday and even though I was less sore than on Monday and Tuesday, I think that my muscles were really worn out and I just couldn't really find my get-up-and-go when it came time to put the pedal to the metal. I had a bit of a hard time getting to yoga, too, but class ended up being pretty amazing and I'm really glad that I made it (even if two crappy old ladies stole my spot in the yoga room.) The bad news, though, is that my yoga teacher will be leaving my gym on the 28th. I'm pretty disappointed because she's really helped me get to the place that I am now and I just don't know if someone else's teaching style is going to mesh with what I enjoy during my yoga class. We'll see soon enough, but fingers crossed because yoga is what helps me get to the gym each week. When I don't have class to look forward to then I never actually make myself get up and get to the gym.

Thursday, March 22
Workout: Marching at Home, 0¢
Steps: 10187, 25¢
I didn't do a formal workout, but I did walk in place at home for something like 45 minutes while I watched my husband play Dark Souls on the computer. It wasn't the most cardiovascular workout I've ever done, but I did "walk" almost two miles and I was really proud of myself for getting over 10,000 steps for the day.

Friday, March 23
Workout: 5K Treadmill Run & 0.42 Mile Cool Down, 33¢
Steps: 11204, 25¢
Monica and I got off work early on Friday and we were able to hit the gym and run before we headed home and spent the evenings with our families. I was very, very happy with my 5K time, 38:50/12:29 pace, because I really haven't been running very much, but I'm realizing now that my spin class is really increasing my cardiovascular endurance. My PR 5K time is only two minutes faster, so I think that if I continue training and keeping up my cardio, I'll be able to PR a 5K before the end of the year. I just need to find a race to run.

Saturday, March  24
Workout: 5K Treadmill Run & 0.47 Cool Down, 33¢
Steps: 10947, 25¢
Saturday was another great run and a faster run by 43 seconds (38:07/12:15 pace), too. I didn't really want to run, but I was really comfortable at a 5mph pace, so I just kept at it and pretty soon my entire run was over. It was really exciting and I can't wait to hit a sub-38 5K soon.

Sunday, March 25
Workout: None, 0¢
Steps: 2496, 0¢
Super lazy day!




Total Earned Toward Dopey for the Week: $2.46
Total Saved To Date for Dopey 2023: $71.58 / $3,500

No comments:

Post a Comment