Sunday, March 11, 2018

Weekly Recap Mar 5 thru Mar 11

Monday, March 5
Workout: Cycling Class & Evening Yoga Class, 50¢
My spin class was awesome. I really worked hard despite being really sore from my workout on Sunday. We did a nine minute hill climb which I was able to do at a new record level sixteen tension, and eight 30s/30s intervals which I was able to complete at level thirteen tension. It was excellent. I have no idea how I got to yoga, though. I really had to drag myself to the gym, but class ended up being really enjoyable. We did a lot of leg and back poses which were really beneficial for my soreness and even though I had a lot of balance issues, I was able to really relax into the class and enjoy myself. The extra 25¢ I "earned" for going to class was a great bonus, too.

Tuesday, March 6
Workout: 1.27 Mile Track Run, 13¢
A very happy birthday to my running buddy Monica! We managed to sneak out during our lunch break and run a little over a mile on the track. It was a little warm for our liking, but overall we were really happy with our overall pace. It was the first time that I'd run a sub-12:00 pace and even though Monica and I were both still pretty sore from our Sunday workouts, we managed to dig deep and push through our discomfort. It wasn't a very long run, particularly time wise, but I'm glad that we got outside and moving during the workday.



Wednesday, March 7
Workout: 1.0 Mile Walk, Cycling Class, 1 Mile Run & Evening Yoga Class, 65¢
I got to my doctor's appointment really early, so I decided to go out and stretch my legs. Turns out there's almost a perfect 1/5th mile loop that circles the building, so I five laps before checking in upstairs. And even though I was late to work because of my appointment, I was still able to make it to my spin class. I can tell that my legs are getting a lot stronger and I'm able to keep bumping my tension up each week. It's encouraging and it keeps me motivated to do more which now includes adding runs to my cycling days. It was really hard for me to stay focused on the treadmill while I was warming up for my yoga class and I'm finding the treadmill to be extremely boring these days, but I was still able to do a mile run in 11:38. Yoga class itself was really amazing, but I found out that my newfound yoga teacher is no longer teaching Saturday mornings. I don't know what I'm going to do because I'm not really a fan of the instructor that I've taken to calling "the flower child." She's just too light and airy for me. When I go to yoga, it's because I want to better myself, not because I want to be lovey dovey with my neighbors. Overall, though, great day.

Thursday, March 8
Workout: 1.47 Mile Run & 0.56 Mile CD Walk, 18¢
Thursday literally had me running from my problems. I think I must have asked Monica if we could go run at 11:45am just because I was so fed up with everything going on, but I do think that it also motivated the two of us into having a great run. We decided to do five laps on the outside of the track rather than run "1.25" or "1.5" miles. What I've been noticing is that when I run for distance like that, I get really wrapped up in wanting to be done with the whole thing and I don't enjoy the journey, so we tried something different and really ended up enjoying it. We ran 1.47 miles in 16:27 (11:07/11:21/AP: 11:11) and were able to get in another 0.56 miles of walking before we stretched out and headed back into the office. It wasn't the easiest run we've ever done, but I can tell that I'm building speed and endurance which is amazing. I also tried out my new TENS machine this evening. It's fun to play with, but I'm still trying to dial in exactly where to put the pads and how much sensation is good for me to help my muscles recover.

Friday, March 9
Rest Day

Saturday, March 10
Rest Day


Sunday, March 11
Rest Day

Total Earned Toward Dopey for the Week: $1.46
Total Saved To Date for Dopey 2023: $46.92 / $3,500

No comments:

Post a Comment