Monday, April 14, 2014

Race Recap: Peace-Love-Run 2014

Yesterday was my last short distance race before heading to Las Vegas for the 50th Anniversary Mustang Half Marathon next weekend. It was a bit of a worrisome morning since I haven't been training properly, but overall, a wonderful the race turned out to be a fun event. Just like last year, this race was really fun and I met a bunch of potential running friends.

Now, I will admit, that I was a knucklehead in terms of preparing for this race. Aside from not training, the morning of the race I lost my iPod, forgot my ibuprofen, and almost walked out of the house without my cell phone (i.e. no directions to the race location). It was... interesting to say the least.



Onto the Peace-Love-Run, though! The event was a 5K/10K/HM down at Fiesta Island and the weather was pretty much perfect: not too hot, a little breezy, and overcast for the complete race. My only complaint about the event at all was that the 10K race course was too long, so pace times were affected. Everything else was great, though: the aid stations, packet pick up, the finisher medal, tee shirts and tech tees. As usual with Wiz Marketing events, everything was great. Here were my (adjusted) race results, which I have to admit are pretty much fine in my book considering that I haven't been running.



I'll post race pictures when they're released.

No comments:

Post a Comment